The Art of Dermaplaning
Learn how to offer mobile Dermaplaning services.
Dermaplaning is a technique used to exfoliate away vellus 'peach fuzz' hairs and dead skin cells from the face, leaving a fresh and smooth complexion. This is the perfect service to offer your clients if you are a makeup artist or a skin therapist as it allows products used on the skin to look and feel more effective.
What you will learn
The Art of Dermaplaning includes practical training to master the craft, as well as:
- Social Media for the aesthetics industry
- How to take before/after photos to best represent your work
- Health and hygiene practices
- Information on skin structure
- Pre-Care and After-Care
- Small classes with up to 8 students
- The opportunity to have your own free Dermaplaning treatment in class!
- All products and tools are provided during the course
- Products to take home
- An instruction manual
- Online group support
- Trainer demonstration
- Student discount for The Cosmetic Shop
- Certificate of Completion
- Discounted rates for further study at The Cosmetic Hub Academy
- There are no pre-requisites for this course. However, students are required to provide a model for the practical should they not want to have a Dermaplaning treatment themselves.
All courses contain Theory sessions and Practical sessions. Models are required during practical sessions.
The Art of Dermaplaning is a one-day class that is carried out in-clinic.
Theory (in clinic)
Practical (in clinic)
Steps to becoming a Dermaplaning Professional
Complete your training
Grow your business
Enrol by submitting a completed enrolment form and select from the available payment options. The Cosmetic Hub will be in contact with further information and to confirm class availability.
A 20% course deposit is required to secure your enrolment with the remainder due the week before the course. Payment plan options are available.
Once you have completed your course at The Cosmetic Hub Academy, you are ready to embark on your new career as a professional Dermaplaning Therapist!
As artists, we never stop learning. To help our past-students develop their skills and reach their potential, we offer ongoing online support, as well as discounts on:
- Brow Sculpt and Henna Dye Class
- Brow Lamination Class
- Lash Lifting Class
- Shadow Days (observing in-clinic practices)
- Masterclasses (1-on-1 refresher training)